This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Brookside Country Park
Brookside Country Park in located in the small village of Burton upon Stather alongside the adjoining village of Normanby in the North Lincolnshire Countryside.
The Park is a approached down a hill from the end of the village. And exited by the same route. We cater for touring caravans and holiday homes. We do not rent out our holiday homes they are all privately owned.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01724 721369 or email email@example.com.
- The nearest railway station is Scunthorpe Station and is 5.1 miles from the Park.
- Postcode DN15 6PY
- Local Taxi service is Baz’s Taxi 07913967777. 24 hour taxi available in Scunthorpe.
- Bus service accessible from outside the Park gates. There are only 2 per day each way except Sunday and Bank Holidays.
- There is a more regular service running from the centre of the village which is approx ¾ mile away.
- No collection service
- Details and timetables are available in reception.
- The road between the site and Burton upon Stather is lit at night.
- Local menus and brochures are available in reception and our kitchen area.
- Any other information required can be printed for you in reception.
- We do not offer audio script.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Visitors should park inside the entrance in the visitors car park and is approx 100yds away.
- 20 spaces are available.
- There are no blue badge spaces.
- Visitors can register without leaving their car on request.
- Road between reception and car park is gravelled. Car Park to reception is well lit at night with lamp posts and the reception building lights all controlled by light sensors.
- 1 step to reception with no hand rail
- Door opening width 29 inches, 74cm with 2 inch door lip to clear at bottom
- Reception level throughout and is carpeted, reception is large and no obstacles between door and front desk room for 1 wheelchair
- Spot lighting is used
- No wheelchair accessible desk for registration
- No hearing loop
- Assistance given to visitors on request to access pitches
- All pitches are hard standing on gravel bases
- Assistance offered with pitching on request
- Parking is allowed next to caravan
- Facilities are clearly signed and always shown on map at time of registering. Large font on doors between male and female blocks as well as walk in shower room
- Dustbins and recycling facilities are available at the end of the utility block. Also a general waste bin is located by the entry barrier.
- Max distance from chemical disposal as well as fire points is 50 yards. There are 2 disposal points on the park.
- Washing up facilities are not wheelchair accessible due to width of door and the rising threshold movability is restricted. 2 sinks are available.
- Pitches get allocated at booking, staff can advise visitors on suitability of pitches and all will be done to allocate suitable pitches for individual requirements on request.
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- Toilet and shower block is located directly in front of reception at one end of the park.
- A paved path runs the full length of the utility block enabling access to all services. Including the indoor chemical waste tip point. A further tip point and water collection point is situated in the centre of the pitch area.
- Walk in shower facility is available with shower seat. All with vertical and horizontal hand rails.
- Door width to Male and Female toilet blocks are both 27 inches, 685 mil
- Block is lit outside although not brightly at night inside is well lit. All lights are sensor controlled
- Surface flooring is none slip and level
- Taps are all push controlled
- Laundrette is located at the back of shower block.
- It is not wheelchair accessible
- Tiled level floors
- Washing Machine and dryer are front loaders. Iron and ironing board are wall mounted
- Along with a seat for clients use.
- Room is well lit and sensor controlled
Grounds and Garden
- The Park is approx 13 acres in size including a 4 acre dog walk
- The grounds are open and all easily accessible
- Footpaths and walkways on the park are gravel.
- There are a number of picnic tables around the park.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times whilst on the park. We provide a 4 acre dog walk for your use.
- Please pick up after your dog and dispose in the bins provided
- Dogs are not allowed on the camping field.
- We do welcome trained assistance dogs
- No battery powered or mobility scooters are available
- Whilst wifi access is free we cannot guarantee connection at all times
- Phone is available at reception
- Information available on request for local attractions access statements
- Our community hospital is 6.2 miles away in Scunthorpe and is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Scunthorpe General Hospital. Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe DN15 7BH
- 01724 282282
- The doctors surgery is located in Burton village centre and is open 8.30am till 5pm
Telephone:01724 720202 For out of house call NHS emergency line on 111
- Repeat Prescriptions: 01724 732205
All input is encouraged from all our visitors and areas which may need improving are dealt with as soon as possible. Please feel free to tell us where we can help you.
Address (Inc postcode): Brookside Country Park, Stather Road, Burton upon Stather,
Scunthorpe, Lincs. DN15 9DH
Telephone: +44(0) 01724 721369 Mobile+44(0)7484085836
Hours Of Operation: Reception 9am-5pm On call Warden 24hr (emergencies only)
Local Equipment Hire: Eden Mobility, Brigg Road, Scunthorpe. DN156TP
01724 700209 Hours 9am – 5pm
Local Accessible Taxi: Baz Taxi 07913967777 Chids Taxi 07523 453333
Local Public Transport: Bus service accessible from outside the Park gates.
There are 2 per day each way except Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Bus timetables available in reception